Article written by Nathan Todd, ASBAS Advisor, Western Sydney Business Centre.
There is no denying the positive impact social media can have on your businesses marketing strategy, but it is definitely not the easiest thing to manage. When you wear all the hats in your business, how can you ensure that your social media content is consistent and effective without spending too much valuable time creating it?
- Take photos and videos of everything – behind the scenes, of your products, your service, your team, everything. There is no better content than real life business content, in real time.
- Take advantage of all social media platforms – now I am not saying to be on a certain social media platform for the sake of it, analyse where your market is first. Marketing is constantly evolving, so make sure you do your market research and choose the platforms that are right for you.
- Encourage user generated content – ask your customers and clients to take their own photos and upload it to their socials and tag you. Respond to the post and ‘repost’ it to your channels. It demonstrates that consumers are enjoying your product/service and its easy content for you, without any work involved.
- Incorporate your other marketing into your social content – Do you write a blog for your business? Create a template like your quote template with a snippet of your blog and drive visitors back to your website to read the blog in full. It is unique content, demonstrates your knowledge and drives traffic to your site.
- Stockpile content – Spend a day creating content and have it ready to go (or schedule it). This way you have it ready to go whenever you need it, and you are not scrambling to find content last minute to post for the sake of it. That is when your content will lack in quality and consistency and can be your social downfall.
- Ask for help – if you simply do not have time to create content and manage your socials, we are more than happy to assist you and your business to produce a social media strategy.
Remember, consistency is key to a good social strategy, in both the content you create and when you are posting your content.